Vintage Casa Maya Jewellery from Mexico

  Sometime a piece of jewellery is just too frickin awesome to pass on. I have walked away from some amazing finds with so much regret.  "Not this year!"  I decide that this year I would spend a little bit more to collect some greater pieces.  Despite only thrifting a handful of times this year( I'm limiting myself from being out & about due to co-vid) I was able to find some amazing vintage jewellery pieces.

Now lets look at my new Vintage Casa Maya Cuauhtli Eagle w/ Xochitl Flowers Cuff.  Like,WOW! I mean, wow! Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagine thrifting a piece like this.

Casa Maya design Cuauhtli Eagle w/ Xochitl Flower Cuff

This guy is made of mixed metals, brass, sterling silver and hammered copper.  It is hallmarked : MEXICO but not the Casa Maya mark.  Many other Mexico City tallers(workshops) made replicas of this Hubert Harmon/ Casa Maya cuff in the 1950's for the tourist.  Which is most likely what I thrifted, which is still amazing.




Looking for information about this cuff took me down a really cool rabbit hole. I learned a lot and currently on the lookout for a specific book. Sandy Hargrove's, Maya Mexico Jewelry; An Informational Guide.    

 I found this beauty at Thrift on Kent a second hand thrift storeAll funds goes towards Mennonite Central Committee Programs locally & globally.  When you venture inside you will find rows of glass curio cabinets full of amazing vintage jewelry.  All drool worthy pieces at great prices, I promise. Plus they also have egg trays full of vintage costume earrings for only a $1, and I have been able to pick up a few .925 silver pairs. I highly recommend taking a trip there.

 If you guys are interested in getting one for yourself there is one listed on Etsy at the JewelryCrazyGrandma shop.

Thanks for stopping by.💟💟💟


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Board Games: Scat Cat

Board Games: The Great Turtle Race

Day Trippin' - Woodstock