Day Trippin' - Woodstock

I can't believe it's Friday already!  This week has gone by too fast.  I guess it always does when your on holidays.  Bob and I took the week off just to hang out, clean and unpack.  Also to go on day trips.  Monday we drove to Woodstock(Ontario).  Why Woodstock?  Well we have been there a couple of times for The Nostalgia shows.  We always drove by a bunch of thrift stores and second hand shop.  Plus last year they opens an antique shop call "One of a Kind" which was still so new when we went that it looked like a big mess.


Our first stops were some of the shop on the downtown strip, which included a consignment store, a comic shop, a bookstore and a gaming store.  Bob found a few things, me - nothing.


Then we hit the Bible for Missions.  What a plethora of stuffs.  We must of spent at least 3 hours in there.  So much good stuff.  I love sewing supplies and patterns and found some nice vintage fabrics and patterns.  We picked up 2 framed embroidery art pieces that were so pretty.   Lots of books and albums, scarfs, vintage yellow dresses, purses and books.  I think we went a little wild in there.
Then off to One of Kind Antiques.


We spent so much time at the Mission that we only had 40 mins to look around.  This place is big, and to our surprise clean and organize.  We found a few things like old matchbooks, and some ephemera.
I saw some stuff I liked but felt too rushed, so I didn't pick up anything.  But if these guys are there on Sunday(we might head back), I might take these salt n' pepper shaker home with me.



I don't know why but I love fruits and veggies with faces.  They really appeal to me.  And I love when they are a little worn, it just shows that they were loved and use, and it makes me appreciate them a little more.
After the antique place we grab some dinner and then a walk on the Grand River.  It was a pretty day.




Hope everyone enjoyed the hot week.

Comments

  1. Thanks for following my blog! I love your blog- totally eccentric! Talk soon. xo
    Suma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random day trips are so much fun :) Thank you so much for linking up for our blog hop. We were happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you found some great stuff - and sushi, YUM! Now I'm hungry for that! :) Thanks again for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Board Games: The Great Turtle Race

Board Games: Scat Cat

Janet & Anne Grahame Johnstone