Canada Blooms

A couple of weekends ago we were in Toronto and the convention center we were at was having the "Canada Blooms" show.  This place was full of beautiful flower arrangements and people walking about with their arms full of bags with plants in them.  There was one particular plant that caught my eye, it was lovely and the color was not one I have seen before.  It was a blue orchid called the Mystic Blue Orchid.  It is new variety that is not dyed by adding blue coloring to the water but a hybrid .
Mystic Blue Orchid 3
An older gentleman was carrying one so I asked if I could take a couple of pictures.  He told me that he had bought for $30.00.  Wow that's so cheap!
Mystic Blue Orchid 1
At the front entrance to the show they had a giant cake on display, yummy!  It was decorated with soft pink Magnolias made out of fondant.
So pretty!!
Now that I am back at work, I just can't wait for spring to start!!  We are slowly getting in our stock, today we received some trees and lots of spreading junipers.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Board Games: The Great Turtle Race

Board Games: Scat Cat

Janet & Anne Grahame Johnstone