I have a new button to add to your blogs! Please use it, if you do, I really appreciate it with all my heart and would gladly add your button to my page! You can grab it on the right side bar.
While checking out my usual thrift stops last week, I came across this great gem. The Great Turtle Race. This board game is in great shape with all the pieces included. It is a Parker Bro. game. Made in Canada from 1976. Ages 3 to 10. Here is a Canadian commerical in french. You get 3 plastic turtles a spinner and the board you use is the inside bottom part of the the box. It's a bright pretty colorful box. The board inside also spins when the turtle goes on "wake-up" mode. We played with my 6yr old niece. She loved it, thought it was fun and silly.
This week we picked up a new board game: Scat Cat. Ever heard of it? I never seen this game before but we couldn't resits the cats on the cover. It's a Tomy/Parker bros. game, no date on it. What a cool cover! The game looks really simple to play. For ages 5 and up. The instruction are easy to follow and are written on the bottom of the box. "Players choose a crazy little cat, place it at the base of the slide. Someone says "go", and the action begins. Each player hits his lever and tries to make his cat scat to the top before anyone else. Be careful though, if you hit the lever too hard and your cat falls off or goes right over the top, you must start again from the bottom. The cats keep scatting while the little mice keep score. First one to reach the top 4 times wins!" Sounds fun! Can't wait to play. Favorite cat on the cover, "the gangster". Have a great weekend everyone!!
We were out and about yesterday at our usual spots, looking for gift ideas, when I found some pretty exciting vintage jewelry pieces. The first thing I spotted was this D'Orlan gold tone brutalist style choker. Now this D'Orlan necklace is nothing like the ones I use to sell at the jewelry counter at The Buchart Gardens. Those one are the kind with the glass beads and semi-precious stones. My mother gave me her set, which was gifted to her by my father when they first came to Canada. So on returning home I started to do some research. I found a couple of good sites. Vintage North was a really good source and so was Creed Canada . Some of the information I knew from before but I learn a few things. Here is a short summary: D'Orlan was founded in 1957 by Mr. Maurice J. Bradden. In the 50's he became Mr.Boucher’s protégé. Mr. Marcel Boucher was a prolific designer of costume jewelry and his names signify quality m...
Grabbed your button, it's on my blog now. :)
ReplyDeletethis is so cute, i just might have to do that... i need to make own of my own!!! :(
ReplyDeleteXoxo
Lisa