Friday, February 4, 2011

Strumpet's Crumpets Memory Lane Project

When I read this project of taking a trip down memory lane on Strumpet's Crumpets Blog by sharing your story and posting it on your blog, I loved the idea! Also the feeling it gave me when I thought about my beloved "Tete" my blue teddy bear. 
So here is our story:  He is my oldest and dearest toy.  My older brother gave him to me the day I came home from the hospital.  It was actually his bear but decided to give it to his new baby sister.  I fell in love with him instantly and he has never left my side.  When my sister was born I decide to break the tradition and not give her my bear, ..like if I could even part with Tete.  This always scorn my sister and she has had it out for him because she could never have him.  Tete was always the butt of her practical jokes, she tossed him out of the moving car on the 401 going to Toronto.  My dad drove in reverse on the side of the highway to retrieve him. I was screaming and crying at the top of my lungs.  We've bashed our day trip plans in order to stop at a laundry mat to wash him when my sister threw up all over him in the car.
He has played every game with me, been the Admiral in the fleet of "Animal Trek" game we use to play.  My mom use to take him to the "Toy Hospital" to get him all clean up and he always came back with a new little red suit.  In grade five we were learning about Ancient Egypt, one our projects was to draw our coffin like King Tut's but make it our own.  I painted my coffin with pictures of me Tete on it because he was going to be mummified with me. He moved to B.C. and back with me and been a part of my life all 35 years of it.
Tete, my bear.

3 comments:

  1. lolol oh my gosh this is the BEST story ever!! I love it!! Doing this post today! Love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tete has seen it all, huh? What a faithful friend. GREAT story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys!! Thanks for using my story Becky!!

    ReplyDelete