Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Avon in Review

This week I am reviewing the latest lipstick that Avon is releasing in Campaign 5.  It's the Moisture Seduction Lipstick SPF 15. 

The special thing about this one is that it is a lipstick with an intense infusion of moisture.  The Lipstick has ribbons of hydrating moisture intertwined with the rich color, you actually see the swirls of moisture running all through the lipstick.  It also claims to offer 500% moisture boost.  It comes in 10 beautiful colors.  Regular price is $9.99 but it will be selling at the price of $4.99 in it's first feature brochure. 
I gave one of my client "Kumarie" 4 samples of the lipstick and I bought 2 for myself to try.  I have be using the "Tangerine" and "Red Kiss" for about 2 weeks and have to say that I am in love with these 2 shades.  They are rich and beautiful, but my concern was if they would keep my lips moist like the add said it would.
Red Kiss & Tangerine
That was the first thing Kumarie was concerned about especially during the winter months.  Also she wondered if this lipstick would bleed out like cheap ones do?   Her first observation was how intense the colors were, despite the fact that half of the lip stick is made from lip moisturizer.  She also noted that the color stayed on longer then expected, and never left a "stained" look on her lips.

Her new favorite shade is the "Plum Gorgeous", it really complements her skin tone. She found that the lipstick did keep her lips feeling moist, she didn't think 500% more, but moist enough.  I agree with her, the lipstick didn't dry out my lips and kept them relatively moist, I also was impressed with the longevity of it's wear.  That really surprised me!

 Kumarie said that in her books, this lipstick was really nice to wear and that she will be adding her favorite shade to her must have make up.  She loves the fact that such a nice lipstick will be selling for $4.99 and is planning on ordering one next brochure. 

1 comment:

  1. The tangerine and red kiss are beautiful colours! the price is also so good! thank you for following sweet!

    ReplyDelete